HELP US END THE CYCLE OF VIOLENCE
1-800-799-7233 THE NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE – HELP 24 HOURS
1-800-799-7233 LINEA NACIONAL SOBRE LA VIOLENCIA DOMESTICA – OBTEN AYUDA LAS 24 HORAS
The Domestic Violence support group was established shortly after Latino Health Access opened its doors in 1993.
Our promotoras, who themselves were victims of domestic violence, provide a safe place for open dialogue where victims of domestic violence are able to get support and access to resources.
Due to the confidential nature of this program, if you would like more information or know someone who is a victim of domestic violence, please contact us at 714-542-7792 and ask for either Norma Cordero or Sarai Arpero.
For more information:
Francisca Leal, Program Coordinator
714-542-7792 ext. 3122
Some facts about Domestic Violence:
- One in every four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime.
- An estimated 1.3 million women are victims of physical assault by an intimate partner each year.
- 85% of domestic violence victims are women.
- Historically, females have been most often victimized by someone they knew.
- Females who are 20-24 years of age are at the greatest risk of nonfatal intimate partner violence.
- Most cases of domestic violence are never reported to the police.